Applicants MUST mail the following application materials (strictly bind in the following order) to the Admission Office of the International College of Zhejiang University. Please make sure all the application materials ARRIVE in mail by 31 March 2019. The application package should be labeled“Doctoral Degree Program Application Materials: Global Communication.”
Incomplete application materials or the application submitted by email will NOT be processed. Additional documents may be required when necessary. Application materials will NOT be returned regardless of the result of the application.
1. A completed application form with a recent photograph (white background, 35mm×45mm in size). Complete and submit your online application via the online application system (http://iczu.zju.edu.cn/english/— Admissions — Online Application), then print and sign the application form produced by the online application system.
2. A photocopy of passport.
3. Highest degree certificates, which must be original documents or notarized copies. If applicants are university students, they shall provide an official pre-graduation certificate showing their student status and stating expected graduation date. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
4. Academic transcripts during Master’s and Bachelor’s degree study, which must be original documents or notarized copies. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
5. A copy of your English proficiency test scores.
6. A personal statement outlining your goals for doctoral education.
7. A research proposal that includes a clear statement of the research, an overview of the literature, the methods, the expected contribution and a list of work cited. The proposal should be around 3 to 5 pages in single space.
8. Two letters of recommendation from faculty members who can evaluate your previous academic performance and provide an assessment of your likelihood of success in graduate school.
9. A writing sample of research. Professionally published samples are preferred but not required.
10. A resume or curriculum vitae including education, experience, awards, honors and publications.
11. Remittance receipt of the application fee (RMB 800 Yuan) (Bank account link).
12. Form for Provisional Acceptance of International Student by ZJU Professor is NOT required for submission. The admission committee of the program will make recommendation of acceptance to the Graduate School.
Applicants are encouraged to apply for scholarship. Please follow the steps here:http://iczu.zju.edu.cn/english/redir.php?catalog_id=22232