Zhejiang University is ranked among China's leading Universities for both the quantity and quality of its master's degree programs. With program length of 2-3 academic years, master's degree programs in School of Media and International Culture are offered in Chinese. Graduates fulfilling all the degree requirements will be awarded the master's degree.
There are 7 mater's degree programs in School of Media and International Culture, including both professional and academics.
Master of Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages
Journalism and Communication
Telecine and Audio-visual Communication （Academic）
Broadcasting and TV （Professional）
Applicants are encouraged to contact their prospective supervisors prior to application (click here tofind websites of colleges/departments) and are expected to enclose in their application package with the Form for Provisional Acceptance of International Student by ZJU Professor (download).
May 20, 2018
Please make sure the mailed application documents arrive before deadline.
Beginning of the Programs
Doctoral degree programs of Zhejiang University is supposed to start in Mid-September. For the exact date, please refer to the Admission Notice.
Liberal Arts (instructed in Chinese) RMB 22,800/year
Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens in good health with no infectious disease or any physical or mental diseases that may affect the normal study, have a bachelor's degree and be under the age of 40 (Age limit is flexible for healthy applicants with certain work experience and high academic ability).
Language proficiency requirements
Applicants should have a level 4 HSK certificate with minimum score of 210，or HSK certificate of level 5 or above.
Documents for Application (Bound and Placed in the Following Order)
1. Application Form for Admission to Zhejiang University pasted with a recent photograph (white background, 35mm×45mm in size).
Applicants shall fill in and submit the application form via the online application system first link, then print and sign the Application Form produced by the online application system.
2. A photocopy of passport.
3. Form for Provisional Acceptance of International Student by ZJU Professor, download. (If any)
4. Highest degree certificates, which must be original documents or notarized copies. If applicants are university students, they shall provide an official pre-graduation certificate showing their student status and stating expected graduation date. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
5. Academic transcripts during Bachelor's degree study, which must be original documents or notarized copies. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
6. Photocopies of HSK certificate.
7. Personal statement, in Chinese or English, should include study and work experience, reasons for application and study proposal. No less than 1500 words.
8. Two letters of recommendation from full professors or associate professors, in Chinese or English. (Professors' signature, contact phone number and email address must be put on the letter.)
9. Published academic papers or other academic achievements. (If any)
10. Remittance receipt of the application fee (RMB 400 Yuan). Bank account
Applicants shall submit or post all the above-mentioned application materials to the Admission Office of the International College of Zhejiang University in person or entrust others with that by the deadline. The application package should be labeled "Master's Degree Program Application Materials."
The incomplete application materials or the application submitted by email will not be processed. The additional documents may be required when necessary.
Application materials will NOT be returned regardless of the result of the application.
1.The university enrollment will be made on the basis of competitive selection according to the students' academic performance, personal study plan and HSK test grade, etc.
2.The name list of admitted applicants will be announced on the International College website in late July 2018. Admission Notice with other relevant documents will be sent out before the end of July, 2018.
Successful applicants should apply for the student visa (X1 visa) to the Chinese embassy or consulate in their home country with passport, "Admission Notice" and "Visa Application for Study in China" and register within the specified time at Zhejiang University. Successful applicants who submitted pre-graduation certificate during the application must provide the original copy or notarized photocopy of degree certificate upon registration; those who fail to provide will be disqualified from admission.
Students who have paid the whole academic year tuition fees in time or funded by full-scholarship are entitled to the comprehensive Medical Insurance offered by the university. Relevant medical insurance items can be found at www.lxbx.net.
Note: The medical treatment expense for physical or mental diseases which students suffered before coming to China cannot be covered by this insurance.
After the registration within the specified time, new students will be assigned to dormitories according to Zhejiang University's arrangements details, please refer to the Life Guide on the Website of the International College of Zhejiang University.
Mailing Address: Room 4500/3504, International College Building, Yuquan Campus, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China
Post Code: 310027
Tel: Ms. Pan +86 571 87951456
Fax: +86 571 87951755